Job #: 362-16
Title: IT Project Coordinator
Duration: 3-6 Months
Our client’s resource management operations are extremely broad and complex, and rely on information from a number of sources. Our client has no agency-wide information management framework, and instead relies on individuals or programs to organize, retain, and disseminate information appropriately. This lack of a framework results in significant information inefficiencies, inconsistencies, inaccessibility, ignorance, and loss. Our client is seeking an IT Project Coordinator/Manager to assist our client’s Natural Resources Information Management Program Managers with architecting a project and implementation plan to create a corporate resource information management system(s) and managing some of the early steps to efficiently and effectively develop the system. These initial efforts will guide the creation of a system that is extensible and scalable, as well as functional, useful, comprehensive, consistent, accessible, and institutionally integrated into our client operations. This challenging yet rewarding position will be located in the beautiful capitol city of Salem, OR and last 3 – 6 months.
- Assists Program Managers with IT projects as assigned.
- Compiles project status reports, coordinates project schedules, manages project meetings, and identifies and resolves technical problems.
- Identifies and analyzes systems requirements and defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Coordinates project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Conduct requirements gathering (goals, deliverables, milestones, etc.) and identify system roles
- Coordinate with steering groups, engaged individuals, managers and staff who represent the users groups
- Minimize project risks and proposing solutions to project issues
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress through the entire lifecycle
- Identify implementation options and schedule implementation steps and resources needed for those steps
- Create a clear status report format and provide to appropriate staff on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis, depending on need.
- Schedule and manage project-related meetings
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Skills and Education:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience with IT project coordination and management.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of IT projects.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Advanced Communication - Strong oral and written communication, and presentation
- Proficient Consolidation planning and management
- Proficient Integration planning and strategy
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills - Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships, and customer service
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- 5-6 yrs IT Project Coordination - paid IT project coordination and management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Organization Skills
- PMP - Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent - Required
- Advanced Project Management
- Advanced Proposal writing