Job #: 5826619
Title: Sr. Web Engineer
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract
Our client is looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join their team of engineers developing and deploying cloud-based e-commerce applications. The ideal candidate is: Passionate about the latest web development methodologies and tools, experienced with Agile software development practices, motivated to drive processes and practices that result in high-quality software comfortable with ambiguity and successful in fast-paced, complex work environments.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve cloud-based web applications.
- Work within an Agile software development team as a strong collaborator with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Peer review technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be.
- Harness your inner DevOps skills to automate your application deployments so they’re fully repeatable. (Experience using Webpack / Node / AWS is a plus.)
- Performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all consumers across the globe.
- Partner with architects and distributed teams to ensure our client’s web applications stay loosely coupled and independently scalable.
- Automate testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or 2 years equivalent professional experience
- 4 years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping code in Agile software teams
- Excellent analytical, written and spoken communication skills
- Experience writing automated tests using tools like Karma, Mocha, Chai or Nightwatch
- Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services AWS (preferred)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs (preferred)
- Experience working with ES6 (highly desired)
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems (highly desired)
- Experience with React, Backbone, Angular and other web frameworks (preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms