Job #: 5927764
Title: Security Engineer
Duration: 1 Year Contract
- Plan and transition to future technology capability for IT infrastructure and services to deliver cost effective and sustained level of application availability.
- Defines technical solutions supporting continuity management.
- Finds and communicates best practices, thinks outside of the box to design solutions.
- Participates in and develops business cases.
- Planning and designing for technology recovery.
- Identify critical areas for monitoring based on knowledge of application, system, and technical architecture.
- Explores and identifies technology solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develops and executes evaluation process for evaluating technology and supporting services using critical elements from the business and GIT technology plan.
- Participates in development of the GIT technology plan based on accepted recommendations.
- Specifies requirements of infrastructure maintenance at a technical level.
- Sets baseline for acceptable infrastructure performance.
- Designs high-level maintenance process and reviews details developed by less-experienced personnel.
- Provides technical expertise in the area of strategic planning and direction.
- Apply advanced concepts in security management as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Evaluate strategy regarding security management and advise or make corrections as indicated based on best practices or industry guidelines.
- Prepares for and supports emergency events.
- Collaborate with architects to develop next generation security solutions.
- Experience designing/building/maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
- Automate application build processes
- Write and manage Puppet modules and workflows
- Automate OS and application deployments (server, configurations, application code)
- Implementing monitoring tools to identify and resolve application deployment problems, resolve and/or escalate to development teams
- Assisting developers in debugging application build, deployment and connectivity issues
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure performance and capacity
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
Skills and Education:
- 5+ years of professional work experience in complex multi-application environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. python, bash, ruby, powershell)
- Experience implementing continuous delivery tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Rundeck etc.)
- Automation tools like UC4, SAP LVM will be a plus.
- Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat)
- UNIX administration experience (e.g. RedHat/HPUX)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, ANT, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, XML, JSON, HTML
- Understanding of Application clustering / load balancing / high availability concepts and technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dashboard, log management and monitoring tools. (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, logstash, Loggly, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with version control software
- Familiarity with automated testing methodologies, and continuous integration concepts.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 8 or 9 years directly relevant work experience.
- Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 6 yrs;
- Masters + 7 yrs;
- Associates degree + 9 yrs;
- High School + 10 yrs.