Job #: 5813567
Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: 7 Month Renewable Contract
- Optimize the capability of the IT infrastructure and services to deliver cost effective and sustained level of application availability.
- Develop complex tools and processes in the support of continuity management.
- Executes tests for system continuity.
- Design, test, and implement monitoring tools and processes.
- Write procedures to respond to results so system issues are brought to resolution.
- Collect metrics over a long term for trending.
- Performs complex work to install hardware and software taking proactive steps to assure success.
- Devises process and procedure for applying and maintaining security settings and user access based on technology platform.
- Recommends improvements as indicated based on analysis of current techniques and perceived imperfections.
Skills and Education:
- 3+ years of significant administrative responsibility provisioning, configuring, and managing services/platforms within AWS.
- 3+ years of network administration in a 24-7 production-critical environment.
- Intelligence, strong problem-solving ability, and a general passion for platform management and user enablement.
- Several of the following skills are desired:
- Direct experience with a workflow orchestration tool is a huge plus – Airflow (preferred), Amazon Data Pipeline, Luigi, Oozie, etc.
- Direct experience with a job submission/abstraction engine, notably Netflix Genie, is another huge plus.
- Significant experience with CI/CD processes and configuration using common industry tools (Jenkins, Travis, Go, etc) is very desirable.
- Significant experience with a major configuration management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet) used in a cloud environment is very desirable.
- A demonstrably strong understanding of core considerations when identifying and manipulating data at scale.
- Clean coding practices, passion for development, being a generally good team player, etc, (and experience with GitHub) is always nice.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 6 years directly relevant work experience
- Note:One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 3 yrs;
- Masters + 4 yrs;
- Associates degree + 6 yrs;
- High School + 7 yrs.