Job #: 6406114
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Renewable Contract
- Manages employees, sets goals, coach's staff, supports development, collaborates on hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, performance management, and recognition, and rewards.
- Develops action plans and processes, in coordination with management team, for integrating activities and optimizing department resources to meet major goals and objectives.
- Facilitates or performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
- Contributes and reviews recommendations for technical solutions.
- Manages and/or contributes to the technical components of the RFPprocess.
- Resolves issues and determines options for issue resolution
- Manages and/or contributes to the technical components of the RFP process.
- Resolves issues and determines options for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Defines and communicates requirements for technical environments and determines the technical scope for projects.
- Provides technical estimates for project budget input to Senior/Project Manager.
- Leads and owns engagements with software vendors to ensure that code and configuration requirements and deliverables are met.
- Enforces architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments.
- Coordinates compliance issue identification and remediation.
- Collaborates with other teams on integration needs/design.
- Contributes Collaborates with other teams on integration needs/design.
- Contributes to database design and creates critical-path, high-risk, advanced technical designs.
- Approves proof of concept efforts and reviews results.
- Enforce client and department architectural direction and ensure consistent technical approach within department.
- Decide on engineering tools based on recommendations.
- Allocate resources based on performance monitoring and tuning results.
- Manage and enforce performance thresholds and standards.
- Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results.
- Oversee and is responsible for the creation of test plans, test execution, and validation of test results.
- We are looking for a software/DevOps engineer with specific experience in delivering in a fast-paced enterprise environments.
- Needs to be able to communicate complex ideas in a concise but comprehensive fashion.
- The Software Engineer will work closely with owning teams to analyze and integrate current applications and/or database process flow for widespread use across the enterprise and offer new features and solutions for multiple engineering teams to utilize our APIs and feature sets.
Skills and Education:
- Strong foundational skills from a wide area of enterprise platforms including development, infrastructure and Test Driven Design on the path to production.
- Understanding and experience in one or more Hot Skill Technology (Java, .net, SAP, PeopleSoft, See Beyond).
- Web application and API development
- Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
- Need quickly absorb and understand key concepts and collaborate to solve problems.
- Familiarity of Cloud infrastructure or Dev/Ops project experience such as AWS a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a root cause analysis.
- Python, XML, JSON, Jenkins
- Web Frameworks like Jetty, Netty, Django or Apache are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Note:One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 3 yrs;
- Masters + 4 yrs;
- Associates degree + 6 yrs;
- High School + 7 yrs.