Job #: 6507743
Title: Sr. Java Applications Engineer - Consumer Digital Technology
Location: Portland Area
Duration: 4 Month Contract
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 5 years of professional experience in IT or business in software (preferably Backend Services and API ) development
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong design and development experience with Java EE, JSON, Cloud Computing.
- 2 significant years of experience in RESTful web services development
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods preferred.
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
- Diverse experience utilizing a wide array Java tools in business, Web, and client-server environments including Java Platform, Cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Expertise and Strong understanding in building Simple/Intuitive APIs for a very large developer community.
- Fluent understanding of Java and ability to write clean, eloquent, minimal code in a load-balanced environment to achieve value added business outcomes.
- Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, Classic design patterns and J2EE patterns.
- Comfortable designing and developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape on open source frameworks
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment.
- Strong preference for SCRUM/XP development expertise.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record collaborating with product owners, product managers and business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Passion for coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews.
- Commitment to collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Experience with IntelliJ Junit, REST Web Services, No SQL and SQL is preferred