Job #: 6508964
Title: Order Management Analyst - E2E
Location: Portland Area
Duration: 6 Month Renewable Contract
E2E Order Management Analyst – GDC Ops
As the E2E Order Management Analyst within Global Digital Commerce, you will work across the fulfillment and delivery organizations that support our client’s web site. There are many systems and organizations that are involved in the fulfillment and delivery of our client’s web site consumer orders across the globe. Issues can occur anywhere along the “cart to home” pipeline and an order can become “stuck.” Orders need to be monitored, flagged and cleared as issues arise to ensure on time delivery to our consumers.
- This position is expected to monitor the order flow process using several dashboards, consoles and monitoring systems.
- A particular focus on the data and reporting side is key in finding opportunities for improvements to technology configurations that improve the completeness and accuracy of the data available.
- Using accurate data, process improvements and technology changes can be identified where issues arise in the “cart to home” lifecycle.
- Once root cause is identified, work begins with the appropriate technology and operational team(s).
- This position is responsible for identifying and following the resolution through the development lifecycle to production
- It will be important to have an understanding of the various team roles and an ability to build relationships with multiple functional partners.
- You will be expected to have an ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with key partners and become a link between the technical and business teams.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or equivalent with additional work experience
- Minimum 7 years Operational and/ or Project Management or related experience
- Broad exposure to complex software systems i.e.: Tableau, SAP AFS (OM/DL), SQL, Visual Basic, WMS
- Write SQL queries
- Ability to independently dig into source data and make sense of it
- Thrives in the details and driving root cause analysis
- Brings a sense of urgency to the job
- Ability to drive resolution
- Works well in a matrixed organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to clarify or resolve discrepancies
- Deep understanding of a digital order management infrastructure including supply chain