Job #: 6511332
Title: Java Cloud Application Engineer
Location: Portland Area
Duration: 6 Month Renewable Contract
- Understanding and experience in one or more Hot Skill Technology (Java, .net, SAP, PeopleSoft, See Beyond).
- Manages employees, sets goals, coach's staff, supports development, collaborates on hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, performance management, and recognition, and rewards.
- Develops action plans and processes, in coordination with management team, for integrating activities and optimizing department resources to meet major goals and objectives.
- Facilitates or performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
- Contributes and reviews recommendations for technical solutions.
- Manages and/or contributes to the technical components of the RFPprocess.
- Resolves issues and determines options for issue resolution
- Manages and/or contributes to the technical components of the RFP process.
- Resolves issues and determines options for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Defines and communicates requirements for technical environments and determines the technical scope for projects.
- Provides technical estimates for project budget input to Senior/Project Manager.
- Leads and owns engagements with software vendors to ensure that code and configuration requirements and deliverables are met.
- Enforces architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments.
- Coordinates compliance issue identification and remediation.
- Collaborates with other teams on integration needs/design.
- Contributes Collaborates with other teams on integration needs/design.
- Contributes to database design and creates critical-path, high-risk, advanced technical designs.
- Approves proof of concept efforts and reviews results.
- Enforce client and department architectural direction and ensure consistent technical approach within department.
- Decide on engineering tools based on recommendations.
- Allocate resources based on performance monitoring and tuning results.
- Manage and enforce performance thresholds and standards.
- Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results.
- Oversee and is responsible for the creation of test plans, test execution, and validation of test results.
Skills and Education:
- Java, .net, SAP, See Beyond, or PeopleSoft
- SAFe Agile (should be a believer in the process)
- DevOps and T-shaped resource believer/practitioner
- Springboot Java
- Docker (enough to build and run their own images)
- AWS CLI/API
- CloudFormation / Terraform
- Jenkins Groovy DSL
- Groovy/Maven (Wrappers)
- Semantic Versioning & Artifact Management tech (e.g., Artifactory, Nexus, etc.)
- Elastic Search
- Cloud Formation
- Ruby Cucumber
- Puppet / Chef / Ansible
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc.) & relational SQL
- Swagger UI
- Authentication/Authorization technology (e.g., Springboot auth, Ping Federated, SSL certificate signing/verification/creation, etc.)
- JAVA 5 Years,
- AMAZON DYNAMODB 1 Year,
- AMAZON KINESIS 1 Years,
- API 3 Years, and NOSQL 2 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Note:One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 3 yrs;
- Masters + 4 yrs;
- Associates degree + 6 yrs;
- High School + 7 yrs.