Job #: 497237
Title: Caboodle Applications Engineer 497237
Duration: 18 Months
W2 Contract/No C2C
Detailed Job Duties:
- Project Management – specific to Epic upgrade cycles
- Implement Healthcare Business Intelligence solutions by developing detailed project plans with dependencies and critical path tasks using the ITG SDLC model, MS Project and other project management tools.
- Track and assign tasks to team members, vendors and customers with follow up to assure that tasks are completed on schedule.
- Identify project and task completion milestones and report to management when they are not met or are at risk.
- Provide progress reports, schedule and prepare relevant meeting materials to conduct progress meetings.
- Manage projects such as data warehouse development, data mart development, third party software selection and implementation/integration
- Coordinate staff and end user training on Cognos, PL/SQL and other relevant tools.
- Revenue Cycle Reporting
- Use knowledge of client’s Healthcare financial data for both hospital billing and professional billing to design and implement a data warehouse for financial reporting.
- Develop relationships with Hospital Financial Services, Patient Billing Services, and client’s Leadership.
- Hold regular meetings to discuss their BI needs.
- Work with HFS, PBS, and client’s Leadership to define data requirements.
- Provide systems to deliver Healthcare Financial data, tools to access data, reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc. to client’s leadership as well as the rest of the client’s community.
- Enhance Business Intelligence by implementing Cognos 10x, Crystal Enterprise and other BI technologies allowing for use of the latest technology for delivery of vital client’s Healthcare financial data.
- Compile and maintain Revenue Cycle data and report requests.
- Clinical Reporting
- Use knowledge of client’s Healthcare clinical data to design and implement a data warehouse for clinical reporting.
- Develop relationships with Hospital Clinical area and client’s Leadership.
- Deliver customer facing applications using Cognos 10x, Crystal Enterprise and other business intelligence tools and data tools.
- Work with clinical leadership to define data requirements and reporting goals.
- Deliver clinical data, tools to access data, reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc. to client’s leadership as well as the rest of the client’s community by leveraging Cognos Report Studio, Transformer (OLAP), Analysis studio and other tools.
- Enhance Business Intelligence by implementing Cognos 10x, Crystal enterprise and other BI technologies allowing the use of the latest technology for delivery of vital client’s Healthcare Clinical data.
- Report Creation:
- Create reports using a combination of tools in Cognos Report Studio, Crystal Reports Professional, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL, etc.
- Use the knowledge gained by working with the customers and through prior experience to analyze data in Epic Clarity database (Oracle) in order to meet reporting requirements
- Develop and Maintain Design Guides and Standards
- Develop, implement and maintain Oracle Data Structures using PL/SQL coding.
- Work with data warehouse developers, line-of-business analysts and users to develop data structures that support and enhance information access.
- Provide technical leadership in developing and implementing design standards for the data warehouse model.
- Work with data warehouse architects, line of-business analysts and users to design, create, publish and maintain Cognos metadata using Cognos Framework Manager as well as Business Objects Universes using IDT.
- Provide complete and consistent documentation of the healthcare data warehouse and ensure that users can determine what data is available in the warehouse, how this data is defined, how to access reports and information, how key metrics are defined and analysis are performed, and standards for the presentation and use of information.
- Validate Data in the Data Warehouse:
- Provide support to data warehouse developers, line-of-business analysts and users to validate data in the data warehouse.
- Investigate and report on problems and work to ensure the validity of the data warehouse.
- Epic Clarity experience
- Two or more years of paid work experience as an Application Engineer
- Must have 8 years of cumulative paid working experience in the information technology field
- Epic Clarity Certification or proficiency in at least one Clarity data model area such as ambulatory, inpatient, or resolute
- Two or more years of paid work experience as an Application Engineer.
- 8 years of cumulative paid working experience in the information technology field.
- Epic Clarity Certification or proficiency in at least one Clarity data model area such as: ambulatory, inpatient, or resolute.