Job #: 15794
Title: IT Senior Supplier Manager
Duration: Permanent Direct Hire
Our candidate will develop, implement, and manage IT supplier management strategies with key supplier partners. These strategies will have an emphasis on quality, cost containment, and customer service. The Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) is responsible for managing supplier performance against contract. This position is responsible for measuring and managing the supplier’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) on a regular and ongoing basis. The SRM is responsible for ensuring all contractual obligations of the supplier are being successfully achieved. The SRM drives root cause and corrective action with the supplier, and/or internal IT teams to resolve failures in meeting expected service levels. Beyond managing the performance against contract, the SRM will identify continuous improvement opportunities with the supplier, help plan the strategy for implementing those identified opportunities, and then help manage the execution of the improvements. The SRM is responsible for initiating contract change requests in coordination with the supplier and with Supplier Management. The ability to influence various stakeholders at all levels of the IT organization and within the supplier organizations is a critical skill for this role. Desired results are achieved through the ability to effectively influence.
- Ensures performance to the contract through consistent and transparent compliance monitoring and performance management against stated goals and measurements.
- Understands the existing supplier management initiatives and needs of internal Service Delivery Managers, and works collectively with them to develop and implement strategies that support those needs.
- Coordinates required contract change requests and contract amendments with Supplier Management team to drive improved SLA's, metrics, etc with key strategic suppliers.
- Owns the quarterly business review process between our client’s IT Executives and the Supplier’s Executive team.
- Responsible for supplier’s overall performance.
- Subject matter expert for all contact related performance guarantees.
- Ensures healthy and effective two-way communication between supplier and oue client’s IT division. In particular, the SRM ensures that the Service Delivery Managers are being adequately supported by the supplier.
- Manages the completion of supplier corrective action plans.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities for supplier engagements with strategic partners.
- Participates with all levels of our client’s IT organization and with all levels of the supplier organizations.
- Works closely with Supplier Management, senior managers, Service Delivery Managers, and the suppliers to establish strategic plans and objectives that can be measured and managed on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Coordinates and drives the front line activity with strategic suppliers.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and the supplier.
- Participates in IT development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects and programs.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, SLAs and KPIs meet corporate requirements, as well as financial budgets.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Regularly interacts with all levels within supplier organizations. Strong ability to influence effectively for desired results is a must.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Skills and Education:
- Experienced managing relationship of large IT service providers
- Bachelor Degree required
- 12+ years of progressive supplier management / supply chain management experience.
- Supplier management experience in Information Technology or related field.
- Understands the business of IT organizations.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- 7+ years of prior contract negotiation and administration experience
- General understanding of contract law and business law.
- Proven ability to holistically manage Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT suppliers for continuous improvement in supplier performance.
- Ability to develop financial analysis and supplier strategy
- Program/Project management experience is beneficial