Job #: 8003
Title: Business Systems Analyst 2
Specialty: SharePoint Design and Support
Application Due Date: 7/3/2017
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
This full-time contract Business Systems Analyst 2 position in Transmission Services Real Property Services Projects (TERP) team provides SharePoint Design and Support to the Transmission Services Real Property Services organization (TER). In addition, this position will provide support to other team members for problem-resolution and maintenance of all of TER’s SharePoint sites. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Requirements Development:
- Conduct internal interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Plan, organize and facilitate process improvement and business process documentation sessions in support of the maturation of TER’s Operation Excellence Program (OpEx), specifically the OpEx Knowledge Center.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing / drafting and recommending requirements.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present findings. Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the requirements and/or solutions vetting process, incorporating analysis and criteria in decision-making materials and presentations.
- Work with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
- Solution Development and Proposal:
- In collaboration with, and under the governance of our client’s IT department, design websites, tools and recommend solutions based on requirements and best practices.
- Keep abreast of new technology or technological changes. As need arises, research and recommend changes or new technology or application / systems-based solutions for the organization.
- Provide background information, technical input, solution options and weighted recommendations that facilitate decision making and that will enable key requirements of the subject initiative and/or other projects to be met. This may include arranging, attending and facilitating decision-making sessions/meetings with TER management, Work Stream Leads and key stakeholders, including drafting agendas, answering technical questions and presenting information, options and recommendations for decision-maker consideration.
- Research and develop / draft and recommend methods to automate repetitive manual data manipulations.
- Recommend solutions to business problems that integrate the various systems utilized by TER, including SharePoint and Microsoft Project; assist with implementation efforts of management approved recommendations, including change management activities.
- Analyze business problems and draft documentation in support of the recommended solution, including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures.
- Assist in the development / draft of business cases and/or justifications for Management pre-identified improvement opportunities; present the proposed solutions in both verbal and written formats to key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Solution Build:
- Collaborate and work closely with corporate IT development teams to enable a smooth build.
- Draft documentation for user and operational manuals.
- Draft, build, recommend and assist management in implementing SharePoint solutions, including assistance with design, testing, setting permissions, creating workflows, and utilizing change management principles.
- Utilize desktop tools and systems to provide IT support for portfolio and project management, project scheduling, and project financial analysis.
- At manager / team lead request, create user interfaces in both Project Web Access (PWA) and SharePoint.
- Design, draft and recommend electronic forms to support business processes; build / construct management approved recommendations.
- Implementation and Change Management:
- Assist with development / draft and recommendation of change management plans; actively assist with implementation of management-approved change plans that reduce employee resistance and empower management as change sponsors.
- Assist management focus on the people-side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and skills, and organization structures.
- Facilitate various system verification activities such as system and user testing.
- Develop, draft and recommend process and systems training for impacted employees; organize, facilitate and conduct management approved training, in a variety of formats, as requested.
- Facilitate system and data integration efforts to connect disparate systems that have various levels of System Life Cycle (SLC) maturity. This position will work closely with IT, providing input and assistance to build tools to support the reporting needs of TER/TERP.
- Solution Maintenance:
- Prepare/draft and update user manuals, implementation and training documentation as well as design, testing and other appropriate project and/or system administration documentation.
- Maintain filing system(s), files, emails and records in accordance with compliance requirements. File and disperse documents/letters as appropriate. Maintain all official records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
- Analyze solutions and business practices and recommend new or revised procedures and processes to increase group efficiency, quality and effectiveness. Promote the adherence to SLC processes.
- Serve as point of contact and SharePoint site collection administrator for multiple group SharePoint sites, which may include such tasks as adding, deleting or changing site settings and designing/drafting site content, developing InfoPath flows, creating libraries, lists, views, establishing site permissions, implementing our client-wide changes and a myriad of other, similar routine or standard site administration tasks.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Management, Business Management, Engineering, or a closely-related technical field is required.
- This is a Level 2 position: 6+ years demonstrated business systems analysis experience is required.
- Related Experience – a minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business systems analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Experience- Candidate resumes and the matrix must detail source (where), number of years and complexity / level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.) of experience with each of the following “Required Technical Experience” elements:
- Advanced knowledge and mastery of SharePoint is required; sufficient for: providing administration, maintenance and customization activities for multiple sites, including designing, creating libraries, lists, views, InfoPath flows, performing updates, establishing site permissions, and a myriad other routine / standard site administration tasks.
- 6 years of SharePoint design experience is required.
- Minimum of 6+ years of SharePoint data managementand reporting experience, including advanced use of:
- 5+ years of Microsoft Project and Project Web Application (PWA) experience is required.
- Expert level skills with MS SharePoint 2010 are required sufficient to design, setup and maintain MS SharePoint sites and provide support to other site administrators is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio) is required.
- Individual must be capable of applying a diversified knowledge of principles and practices in assigned technical areas. Requires a working knowledge of automated data systems.
Preferred Technical Experience
- Relevant experience in the support of a Project Management Office (PMO) is highly desired.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure with numerous stakeholders and business functions is preferred.
- Possession of a current Microsoft Project certification (MCP or MCTS) is preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of financial concepts such as capital, expense, placed in service dates, etc.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of project knowledge domain, to include milestones, predecessors, successors and understanding of how changes in resources impact durations of tasks
- Adaptive, flexible to change, highly interactive and results-oriented
- Ability to work as a member of a team and solve complex problems, utilize conflict resolution techniques and assert influence in continual process improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely are a must
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.Must be able to think on their feet and create solutions to support service needs.
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding as approved
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- Valid State Drivers License is required.
- Up to 5% travel to field office locations is anticipated.
Client Provided Training: (Internal client provided training will be provided as needed and/or available. See *NOTE below.)
NOTE: Attendance at all training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.