Job #: 8046
Title: Administrative Services Assistant 2
Application Due Date: 7/20/2017
Additional Position Information
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
This full-time contract Administrative Services Assistant 2 position provides a wide range of administrative and confidential support as well as data entry and tracking to our client’s Laboratory and Field Services (TEST) organization. This position is located in Vancouver, Washington.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
· Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical support to managers and/or management staff; serve as liaison/point of contact between staff and other work groups, facilitate communication and appropriate actions; and assist with the day-to-day operations, which may include:
· Greet visitors; address questions and business involving established policy or routine matters, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors to other personnel as appropriate;
· Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters; forward complex questions and matters to appropriate personnel as needed, following up to verify a timely response;
· Review and finalize documents and letters to verify proper formatting and accuracy.
· Prepare return cover letters to return contracts (if applicable), tracking delivery and internal process for returned contracts.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipient(s); as requested,
· Review incoming correspondence; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff following up to verify a timely response.
· Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing, including providing self-addressed stamped envelopes, when appropriate.
· Provide overall monitoring for requests for information or products and verify that responses are made in a timely fashion.
· Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying, and work with the print shop to request printing services.
· Provide input and recommendations for potential process / procedural improvements.
· Update and maintain desk reference manual.
· Serve as backup to other Administrative Assistants as needed.
· Assist the Manager and staff in the development and draft of Standard Operating Procedures, governance, and internal control procedures as changes and processes occur; assist and promote implementation of management-approved process and procedural changes.
· Administrative Team:
· Attend mandatory Administrative Team Meetings.
· Participate as a team member and in team meetings both professionally and collaboratively.
· Work as a team member to:
· Standardize, streamline and improve overall Administrative processes throughout the organization.
· Help resolve organizational administrative issues and work on solutions as a group.
· Complete team work assignments
· Organize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings, conferences, and training for Managers and other staff as circumstances dictate, which may include:
· Scheduling and arranging meetings, conferences and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection equipment, etc.).
· Informing meeting participants of arrangements and of any changes.
· Compiling, organizing and verifying appropriate files, notes and other materials are in order and ready for use at meetings, appointments, etc.
· Drafting agendas; making arrangements for guest(s) / guest speakers and researches and drafting background information / materials.
· As requested, attending and taking meeting minutes / notes, transcribing / drafting and distributing as appropriate.
· Informing manager/ staff of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
· Coordinating events such as off-site meetings, including all logistics, meeting materials and agendas.
· Assist manager in a variety of personnel and other actions for BFTE and CFTE which may include:
· Scheduling performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals.
· Coordinating and tracking reporting requirements and activities related to federal staff including creation/submission of travel documents and telework agreements and required training.
· Schedule and track to completion all performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals. Validate documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) is accurately completed within established timelines.
· May provide basic information/support to the manager by viewing/providing information utilizing the DOE E-performance management system.
· Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, which may include:
· Coordinating and assisting managers and staff with Time & Attendance per established procedures, which may include:
· Provide overall administrative support to staff members by acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, our client, Workflow Connection, Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and administrative services groups which may include processing, coordinating, requesting and tracking:
· Office moves and workstation adjustments using Workflow Connection.
· Onboarding activities for new contract and/or federal personnel.
· Computer, software upgrades IT equipment and other resource requests.
· Computer, copier, and printer maintenance.
· Requests for needed office supplies and distribute to appropriate staff per established procedures.
· Coordination of badge return to our client.
· Coordination of cell phone requirements and inventory for staff, including ordering, receiving, service setup, delivery, collection.
· Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
· Perform data entry, provide maintenance, tracking and reporting for a variety of organizational databases and management reports.
· Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
· File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
· Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
· With oversight and approval of the manager / federal personnel, provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
· May coordinate or assist with organizational and agency events such as: presentations, retirements, project or employee recognition celebrations, and CFC events.*
· Organizational Specific Responsibilities:
· Maintain Laboratory Operating Procedure Handbook, which outlines processes for lab procedures and documents approved clearance holders (requires updating as safety changes are presented and operation changes are needed):
· Edit/Scan/distribute/archive/maintain documents in ERMS for lab
· Draft and edit lab reports, diagrams and edit photographs.
· Produce project posters, highlighting laboratory projects completed.
· Record/file requests for CSI/OUO materials sent to outside vendors.
· Maintain current Approved Switchyard Rock Supply List on group worksite; verifies appropriate Foreman is alerted to any major changes.
· Coordinate with Geologist to verify files remain current.
· Maintain current Geology – Switchyard Rock/Grid Resistance test library, updating as new test results become available.
· Assist Geologist with Geotech Report preparation, scan documents, print oversize documents, collate, and create dividers with tabs and comb binding.
· Upload/index chemistry lab PCB Oils and Soils Reports on group worksite.
· Enter PCB Data into TOA (Total Oil Analysis) for Chemistry lab.
· Collect/tag chemistry lab samples for Chemist.
· Maintain control log for all books issued.
· Assist manager with tracking organization expenditures and work with TEST Business Analyst as it pertains to the organization’s budget, performance matrix and tracking of organizational goals and requirements.
· Maintain Safety Compliance Records for TEST group and surrounding facilities, coordinate with Safety Office, maintain First Aid Kit compliance within all facilities in Laboratories, include monitoring supplies for 25 First Aid Kits, monthly. Monitor, maintain and test AED, monthly. Check for current OSHA update, assist with OSHA compliance checks.
· Track maintenance schedule of GSA vehicles, schedule oil changes and service, drop off/pick up vehicles for service, enter mileage. Monitor fire extinguishers and First Aid kits in vehicles. Coordinate vehicle usage schedule and created loan pool for group vehicles. Work with GSA to coordinate replacement vehicles. Arrange transportation requests as needed for trailers to be moved system wide.
· Maintain databases for facility requests, equipment loans, equipment breakdowns/returns to manufacturer, lab projects, Doble test set inventory. Maintain video library and photo groups, update WIKI as needed. Assist with assigning priorities to lab projects that are entered into database.
· Maintain Key Performance Indicators for TEST work group, tracking project progress, making sure completion deadlines are being met, verifying group members meet metrics assigned.
· Maintain customer satisfaction survey, track results and report results at monthly staff meeting.
· Assist manager with Gallup Impact Planning for TEST work group, schedule meetings, enter data into Gallup site, and prepare reports.
· Assist TEST manager with yearly inventory, return to IRC or appropriate department, report missing items, monitor equipment on loan. Keep current inventory reports available to group as needed using Sunflower system. Maintain equipment loan log, track test equipment that has been loaned out to other groups.
· Enter P-card (Visa purchase card) information into Asset Suite, verify against statements and prepare for manager review. Remain current on policies of p-card usage and keep staff informed of changes in policy.
· Maintain Office Services process documentation and procedures, tracking and updating changes as necessary. This includes procedural modifications and updates driven by continuous process improvement
· Act as POC for visitors and coordinator for internal/external tour requests of the Laboratory, process visitor request paperwork, and escort visitors if necessary; coordinate with Human Relations, Security, and TEST staff/management.
· Schedule two 1-week sessions each Fall and Spring for school groups to attend tours. Act as POC for school tours, process security requests, perform escort duties and scheduling for security/access to complex.
· Coordinate with Public Relations department to arrange for group members to assist in school visits, National Engineers Month, MESA projects.
*Participation/attendance in voluntary events are NOT billable to our client. Time spent planning and organizing these events is considered part of the duties of the position and may be performed on billable time.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or a related field is preferred.
· 4+ years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
· 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
· Working knowledge of SharePoint or similar system is highly desired.
· Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interface effectively with Executive Managers, customers and various staff in a positive, courteous and cooperative manner.
· Experience working as part of a team effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment, identify task priorities, organize daily projects and effectively contribute to staff requirements is required.
· This position requires customer interaction; confidentiality, tact, and professional demeanor.
· Punctuality and consistent attendance is required.
· Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
· The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
· This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
· RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No our information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
· Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
· Our client has implemented a Department of Energy (DOE) performance management system for Federal employees. This position may be designated by the manager as a proxy to access this system in order to assist the manager in completing documentation for employee performance reviews. Granting contract personnel access to this system will require encrypted transmission of a limited amount of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), specifically, Social Security Number and Date Of Birth, to DOE system administrators. The selected candidate’s acceptance of this contract position will also comprise permission for our client to encrypt and transmit the limited PII data to DOE HQ in Washington DC, in order to create the system logon ID for the selected individual.
Client Provided Training: (Note: Selected candidates will be expected to complete our client’s Provided Training as listed below, and be proficient in associated system(s) use as a core component of this position).
· Concur – our client’s Travel Scheduling
· Supply Ordering
· Government Correspondence Training
· BES/HRMIS – our client’s Time and Attendance
· Asset Suite
* NOTE: Attendance at all training, workshops, conferences, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.