Job #: 8067
Title: Cartographic Technician 3
Application Due Date: 8/7/2017
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
This full-time contract position serves as a Cartographic Technician 3 directly supports the Supervisory Land Surveyor within the Surveying and Mapping Department (TERM). The Surveying and Mapping Department is responsible for providing land survey and mapping support in the maintenance, operation and development of new client facilities. This position is located in Vancouver, Washington.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Utilize computer drafting and land survey software, particularly Bentley Microstation, InRoads and Trimble Business Center Design to prepare publication quality cartographic products using industry and organizational standards.
- Work with GIS products such as ArcMap and EGIS to maintain data bases to prepare publication quality cartographic products using industry and organizational standards.
- Draft, review and/or inspect Transmission Line Plan & Profile exhibits for use in Construction and Recording of Transmission Lines.
- Thoroughly inspect and check deliverables for accuracy and correctness; deliverables include our client’s plan and profiles, Geographic Information System (GIS) data in various formats, Land Acquisition Request (LAR’s), ARAR’s, Permits and GIS data in various formats. Escalate missed deliverables to Manager.
- Maintain and provide technical knowledge to draft standards, processes, dashboards and manuals that document the land surveying methods used at our client.
- Provide our client’s mapping procedural training to external contractors to assist them with creating work products that are client compliant.
- Compile available evidence for right-of-way boundary locations for various mapping projects.
- Provide technical support with interpreting and deciphering survey information for engineers, land surveyors, cartographers, other professionals and technicians within our client.
- Analyze boundary surveys and title documents, offer recommendations for resolution of boundary and title problems.
- Research private company records; our client, Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and state, county and city records for information concerning our client’s rights-of-ways.
- Interact with companies/agencies to clarify and coordinate surveying and mapping activities.
- Coordinate projects in the creation or revision of electric transmission facility drawings.Drawings are oriented toward facility right-of-way and electric transmission line design.Drawings are either Bentley MicroStation CAD design files, manually inked on linen or Mylar, or raster/vector hybrids edited using Bentley MicroStation with Descartes.
- Coordinate projects in the preparation of legal descriptions, permits applications, and associated exhibits for the design, acquisition, construction, maintenance, and operation of transmission lines and facilities.
- Resolve customer problems and issues regarding surveying and mapping products and services.
- Work closely with real estate, engineering, and project management staff to review scope and schedule of required work.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with compliance requirements. Verify all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes and in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
- Assist the COTR with monitoring, inspecting and validating survey work performed by private survey contractors.Verify compliance with technical specifications, work schedules and provide recommendations to the COTR regarding approval of deliverables.
- Inspect and validate deliverables for accuracy and correctness. Present findings and suggestions to the COTR or manager. Deliverables include field note sheets, computation sheets, CADD base maps, GPS network and OPUS reports, GIS shape files and numerous other electronic data sets.
- Assist the Manager in coordinating with Master Contractors to implement best practices for land surveying workflows, data delivery and data retrieval.
- Associates of Science degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Geography or Computer Aided Drafting and Design is preferred.Associates Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Geography, Computer Aided Drafting and Design or a directly related field may be substituted for 2 years experience.
- Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) certification preferred.
- This is a Level 3 position: 10+ years of verifiable experience in the land surveying technician or cartographic technician fields required without a degree. (8 years of experience with an Associate Degree).
- Advanced knowledge of Bentley Microstation and Project Wise is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word) required (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Knowledge of various horizontal and vertical coordinate reference systems and datums.
- Ability to manage complex and varied datasets.
- Ability to understand scopes of work, schedules, and technical specifications.
- Ability to work as part of a team consisting of professional and technical staff.
- Must possess a high level of organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and organize and prioritize assignments.
- Demonstrated ability implementing standardized workflows.
- Ability to read and interpret deeds and property descriptions.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must become familiar with and follow the safety practices of the Accident Prevention Manual.
- This position works with restricted and sensitive information; must ensure that confidential information is protected and appropriately handled.
- Ability to work as part of a team consisting of professional and technical staff; consistently model outstanding customer service skills, with demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile.
- Multi-task and work independently with a minimal amount of guidance.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Obtain appropriate manager / personnel approval for all recommendations and drafted materials
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational off-site work, subject to the completion of the Memorandum of Understanding
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times.If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR.All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- The work is sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required such as; stooping, kneeling, bending, etc.
- Valid State Driver’s License is required
- Travel may be required – 5% for meetings and training
- OT may be required – 5%
NOTE: Attendance at all training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.