Job #: 8081
Title: Business Systems Analyst 1 (N-IT)
Application Due Date: 8/15/02017
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
This full-time contract Business Systems Analyst 1 position is located in our client’s Technology Planning (NSTP) organization. This position is the center point for Supply Chain Services (SCS) reporting in Hyperion and Subsystem Requirements Specification (SSRS). This position will use in-depth knowledge of Asset Suite table structure and data to train the SCS group in Hyperion and SSRS. This position will work closely with IT to develop a SCS data warehouse, resulting in business line management reporting tools to assist performance managers and the Chief Supply Chain Officer in decision making with accurate data. This position will also act as an additional Asset Suite Business Analyst to assist in day-to-day operational support of Asset Suite as needed. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Assist in the re-write of business queries from Hyperion to SSRS, and also in the move from the PEDS Asset Suite data store to EPM data store for query data sourcing.
- Create, edit, modify, maintain and post Hyperion / SSRS reports, spreadsheets and queries.
- Participate fully in patching, updates, or enhancements to Asset Suite, by using technical expertise, business knowledge, and technical knowledge to assist in upgrade planning and execution.
- In conjunction with the Data Steward for SCS, be the primary technical resource for SCS in database design, development and administration, leading to and maintaining a SCS specific data warehouse / data mart.
- Draft, document and recommend revised system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and provided recommendations on the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Provide Hyperion and SSR technical support for all users of the software.
- Provide ongoing communications to the customers and stakeholders of the SCS team, including but not limited to process changes, system usage support, task status, etc.
- Assist in supporting the documentation and implementation of new/upgraded tools and business processes.
- Assist in the training/mentoring of new and existing personnel on the SCS team, as well as other system users.
- Analyze requests for non-routine changes to supporting systems and make recommendations for configuration changes that meet all business needs and are sustainable.
- Perform routine testing to validate that upgrades and enhancements meet requirements and do not negatively impact the business.
- Perform data analysis during daily activities that may generate change requirements or have compliance implications.Present compiled information to SCS team for awareness and analysis.
- Communicate technical information (supported systems data, analysis results, etc.) verbally and in writing to a wide variety of technical and business experts, as well as non-technical users, in both individual and group settings.
- Use a variety of diagrams and other tools (such as Visio) to explain and simplify complex problems.
- Collect, organize, and validate data and model results to establish data completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Facilitate process improvement/development and data analysis projects/initiatives, as requested.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or a related field preferred. (Associates degree can be substituted for 2 years required experience – see below)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or a related field is desirable (Bachelor’s degree can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- Experience Requirements: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired.Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements and demonstrate proven skills in process analysis, re-engineering and optimization.
- Minimum Related Experience: This is a level 1 position: 6 – 8 years work-related experience demonstrating business analyst, analytical / technical experience required. (4 years experience with an Associates Degree, 2 years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, including (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Access and Visio flowcharts is required.
- Deep understanding of MS word and ability to create and manage complicated macros.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of MS Excel to be able to create and maintain complicated spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Experience with Hyperion or other data reporting tools is preferred.
- Proven, well-developed analytical skills, including the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and recommend solutions that make sense based on available information
- Excellent learning capabilities are required; computer literacy and an aptitude for learning and mastering new technologies is highly desirable.
- Training, knowledge, and demonstrated ability to utilize PeopleSoft, Asset Suite, and ASIS applications is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be flexible to adapt in changing business environment, as priorities and needs change.
- Must be able to multi task under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, as well as work independently and effectively under pressure and changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly build knowledge and understanding of our client’s contracting officer needs and responsibilities in order to support them in their technology needs.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written. Tact, courtesy, discretion and confidentiality are required.
- Experience with records and document management systems and familiarity with performance tracking tools is highly desirable.
- Proven problem identification and resolution skills; seeking a resourceful, creative problem solver.
- Presentation skills:Ability to deliver and present complicated reports and queries to senior management, with the ability to discuss the finite details of these reports.
- Ability to prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a our client Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings is anticipated
- Up to 5% Overtime may be required
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License
Our client Provided Training:
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet.