Job #: 1415
Title: Service and Design Assistant
Location: Salem / Portland Occasionally
Duration: 6 Month Renewable Contract
Our client is seeking a Service and Design Assistant to join their team. They are looking for someone that is willing to work out of the Portland location on occasion and is comfortable working indoors and outdoors.
- Initial review of Maximo job/RFS verify information, identify what is missing/needed
- Apply for TCP
- Research needs for SDPM (such as easements, previous installs, etc)
- Easements, Parks permits, and ODOT permits
- Call out for bids with Contract services, Receive and attach to jobs and notify SDPM after Bid has been awarded.
- Initiating locate requests/apply for design locates
- Complete LEA forms and Customer letter in Maximo
- Complete VD, Flicker, FC calculations (optional depending on skill)
- Help SDPM with keeping in communication with PSLD regarding project status
- Sending out scheduled outage information and making door hanger and comment Maximo.
- Cover for SDPM when away (take customer calls, etc)
- Paint locate marks
- Job staking
- Coordinate with Comm companies
- Arranging shutdowns with customers
- Job previews for crew readiness (refresh staking & locate marks)
- Mostly bird-dogging issues, calling and investigating as to where things are in the process, checking in system on status etc.
- A lot of internal PM pieces that an administrator can do for them.
- Mostly making sure the projects are staying on track.
- Field work will be around 25%- job staking, hanging door hangers etc (see above)
- Effective organization, time and project coordination skills
- Required to plan and manage multiple assignments/tasks and prioritize workload to meet expectations and timelines.
- Proficient level of problem solving and critical thinking skills. (Identify, assess, research, recommend solution(s), and follow through)
- Be effective with little direction: self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, design, coordinate and manage multiple tasks with changing timelines.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work in adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time, including but not limited to snow, ice, heat, and extreme wind.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license with no restrictions of use.
- Need folks that are comfortable working indoors and outdoors
Preferred Job Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use our client’s Work Management software, Maximo
- Associates degree or Line Department experience preferred (0 to 3 years).
- Ability to use project management concepts
- Knowledge of utility or construction industry