Job #: 8084
Title: Project Manager 3 (N-IT)
Specialty: IT/OT Service Delivery, Organizational Strategy and Execution
Application Due Date: 8/18/2017
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full time contract Project Manager 3 position will provide project management support and assistance to the Transmission Technology Services Internal Business Operations Management (TTB) organization of Transmission Technology Services (TT), Transmission Services (T). Transmission Technology Services Internal Business Operations Management is responsible for providing Transmission technology support services including Strategy & Architecture, Program Planning & Delivery, Financial & Resource Management, Procurement Management, Process Management & Service Delivery Maturity, and Reliability Standards Owner reporting to the Internal Operations Manager. This position is located in Vancouver, Washington.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager and/or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate manager-assigned TT Services Internal Business Operations project or projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Facilitate and assist Management in planning, initiating and implementing various projects that have been defined in the Transmission Technology Strategic Plan.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, which includes planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate Performance Managers.
- Plan and coordinate activities for designated project to verify that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Alert manager of and obtain appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and develop funding estimates required to advance each defined effort.
- Facilitate project meetings between a variety of departments and disciplines.
- Provide recommendations regarding assessment approach and deliverables.
- Help the project succeed by identifying and securing necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Coordinate the creation and documentation of revised processes, roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain consistent communication with the project sponsor, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project versus the plan.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Tier II managers across the organization independently and in team meetings.
- With manager / personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate management review and approval / acceptance.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate manager or Contracting Officer.
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel.
- Facilitate and/or support the following functions:
- Written and Verbal Sponsor and Stakeholder Communication.
- Project Team Coordination, including milestone management and communication of deliverables.
- Monitor issues and risks identified within the project as well asgrated dependencies and the issues and risk associated with those assumptions.
- Team Meeting Management and Sponsor Meeting Management.
- Facilitate and/or support the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management
- Business Requirements and Needs Analysis from various stakeholder perspectives
- Process and System Design requirements
- Gap Analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management requirements as developed within the Transmission Technology program
- Implementation Planning including optimizing milestones and building upon successes
- Integration Architecture Design
- End User Training
- When necessary, manage the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely-related technical discipline is highly desired.(Master’s Degree in specific or directly-related field can be substituted for 1 year of the required experience.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely-related technical discipline is preferred.(Bachelor’s Degree in specific or directly-related field can be substituted for 4 years’ required experience.)
- This is a Level 3 position: 14+ years of demonstrated project management experience on business improvement or business transformationprojects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans for large-sized projects (more than $2M lifecycle cost) is required. (10+ years with Bachelor’s degree, 9+ years with Master’s degree, as specified above.)Note:Equivalent related degrees will only count once.For example:A candidate with two Bachelor’s degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines will only be given credit for 4 years of experience.
- Experience should encompass demonstrated project management experience with business services capabilities or IT projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans.
- IT project and program management experience within an Information Technology or Operational Technology environment is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, and SharePoint). MS Office 2010 proficiency is required.
- Experience successfully coordinating or running multiple projects simultaneously as a program is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to manage organizational process improvement in accordance with industry project management principles.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing reflecting a clear, accurate, and courteous style to technical and non-technical users.
- Must have problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to lead project team and management review and decision making sessions supporting organization level improvement efforts.
- Ability to navigate through competing priorities in order to get tasks completed.
- Actively engage with the business unit and teams to facilitate the tasks and activities of the team, properly understand the business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and effectively deploy the solution.
- Work in a professional manner, effectively, collaboratively, and constructively with all levels of personnel, inside and outside of the agency.
- Meet timelines, milestones, and project expectations and provide timely (daily) status updates.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution. Must have the ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large company.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times.If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR.All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings is anticipated.
- Valid State Driver’s License is required.
*Note: Attendance at all training, workshops, conferences, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.